Thursday 4 August 2011

Sharing Happiness

As I was decluttering the other day, I realised that I had items stored away for sentimental reasons, that I'd forgotten about! These things were shut away in a cupboard, and were not bringing anybody any happiness shut away, out of sight. Having recently read the The Happiness Project I decided to address this and got the items out to have a look at.
 
My daughter particularly was keen to see it all too. One collection of items were the bits and pieces from my wedding, including my dress, that believe it or not she had never seen! So we got my wedding dress out, and she had such a lovely time looking at the details and feeling the fabrics. Then she tried it on, you could just see from her face the happiness this bought her. She said she felt like a princess.

Then I also found my shoes and tiara, I didn't even realise I still had my shoes! I really didn't wear them much on the day, I remember as soon as we got to the reception I took them off and went barefoot for the rest of the day. I'm much more comfortable with bare feet. I'm never going to wear the wedding shoes again, so they are now living in my daughters dressing up box, where they will bring her a lot more pleasure than sat in a cardboard box in a random cupboard somewhere! 
My daughter loved trying it all on, as you can see from the photos below.






She wore the tiara and a beaming smile all day! 


Do you have anything stored away that would bring happiness to your children? My recommendation is to get it out and use it, or at least have a look at it together and build some new great memories. I'm so glad I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment